Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jack and the Beanstalk Characters

Here is my first color pass on these Jack and the Beanstalk characters for my concept design class. Even though these are not the finished designs, I was happy enough with this pass to post them. The finished ones will be due a little later on in the term.

From the left we have the Giant, his cook, Yanana the harp playing slave, and Jack. Jack is the type of kid who has porridge every morning and still thinks it's "the greatest thing in the whole wide world!" I was also thinking it would be funny if he were initially completely oblivious to the dangers around him.


9 comments:

Sam I am said...

I really love Jack. He reminds me of spongebob in some way. I also love your girl. She is very pretty and I love the monochromatic scheme

Zach said...

I love Scott.

Jeff Call said...

I got excited when I thought Yanana was the name of the cook. And Jack should be completely oblivious to the dangers the WHOLE. TIME.

Scott, where's the magic bean salesman? :)

I really love the look of these.

Abz said...

Nice colour choices! ;)

Anthony Holden said...

great shape language, Scott. Super nice.

Jared Scott Greenleaf said...

What is the scale of the giant? Who is his seamstress? I like it when I think of questions, that the art is beautiful and lures me in to want to know more.

kwistin said...

You know this, but i love these. By the way, I want to watch you paint in photoshop sometime. I really like how you do the color--and the textures. Yeah. I'm gonna pick your brain next class period.

Scott C. Gwynn said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Joe Bluhm said...

GREAT shapes here!