Monday, August 17, 2009

Unfinished Past Projects

When I peruse other art and design blogs, especially those of other students, I like to start back at their earliest work and move forward. It is encouraging to see their progress. It gives me hope that I too may progress from where I am in my own abilities. Hopefully someday I will be able to look back on these projects with new eyes, knowing that they were stepping stones in my learning process and, hopefully, be able to see a world of improvement.

Here are two projects that I never finished. A few terms ago I took an independent study course in illustration to better my color and compositional skills. With that in mind I did learn a lot as I worked on these projects. Often times I reach a point where I become disinterested and unhappy with a piece I'm working on. I wind up leaving it behind and starting something new. Perhaps some day I will make my main focus "finishing" projects.

So here they are, for whatever its worth. The middle image is an old value study for the one above it.


No comments: